Have you have lost an entire arch of teeth? Well you can replace your unhealthy tooth with fixed dentures supported by dental implants. Doctors in most cases advise Ficed Dentures over Removable Dentures because:
- Look & Feel is same as natural teeth
- No problem of slipping while eating
- Prevent bone loss in jaw
How Fixed Dentures work?
Fixed dentures are like your natural teeth. They exist under the gums, as they are made of titanium and have therefore, have unique property of fusing with bones. This makes them more stable and reliable. The number of implants needed depends on the volume and density of the bone in your jaw. You will need as few as four implants or as many as six for your new teeth to function as well as a set of healthy, natural teeth. The steps involved are:
- Impressions: The dentist first measures the space in your mouth and takes impressions of jaws.
- Models: For trial purpose, the exact shape of the denture using wax or plastic is made. It can be adjusted to the color, shape, and fit before the permanent dentures are made.
- Casts: The permanent dentures are made and adjusted in mouth.
Result of Fixed Dentures
Initially your dentist may recommend you wear them 24 hours a day to see if there is any need of adjustment. It’s important to ensure a good fit right away, because poorly fitting dentures can be irritating to the gums.